6 MOVIES I RECOMMEND WATCHING

/ 22 comments
Hi everyone, 

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Today's post will be a bit different but I have some beauty reviews coming very soon so stay tuned!

When it comes to movies, I really enjoy watching horror, drama, thriller and disaster films but they must be realistic. I don't enjoy movies with some special effects and events that are impossible in real life - for example I don't really like films where people are able to fly or have special powers etc. I don't know why but I simply don't have fun watching these.

So here is the list of the movies I have seen, some of them in last month, some of them in last 6 months but I definitely recommend checking this out.

I didn't want this post to be super-long so I just mentioned 6 movies, however, I might be doing similar post very soon.

Readers, let me know if you have seen any of these movies and what others you recommend!



TAKEN 1, 2 & 3

Taken is one of my favorite movie. I truly enjoyed watching all parts but I think Taken 3 was the best. I actually went to the cinema to see the premiere of part 3 and I was positively surprised. I guess everyone who has seen part 1 and 2 and then saw part 3 expected something absolutely different. Many times, when they make second, third and forth part of the movie, it is getting worse and worse and more boring but with Taken 3, they have played with the scenario a bit to surprise everyone. 

Those, who have not seen Taken 1 and 2, I recommend seeing it before you see Taken 3. Part 1 is about a girl, who travels from America to Europe and she is kidnapped by foreigners, her dad, retired CIA operative, who is in America wants to find her but his time is limited and he is very far. In part 2, the family travels abroad but this time it is a dad and mum that are kidnapped and daughter is trying to save them. 

Taken 3 is full of surprises so I won't tell you a word about it but it is definitely nothing you are expecting!



Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor 

This movie is seriously amazing - not only because of its scenario but the director of this movie definitely showed something that takes place in people's lives but not many movies are about it actually. To not tell you what the whole movie is about so you be excited to see this, I am just going to say few words: have you known anyone who got 'bored' in the relationship and started to look for some 'excitement' in another woman/man without actually appreciating what they have? That's what this film is about! 

I am 100% sure every woman out there would enjoy this movie! 






Addicted


This movie is actually very similar to the one above. It is about a woman who is addicted to sex BUT it is not like these nymphomaniac movies where there is nothing apart from sex in the scenario. This movie shows that communication is very important in the relationship but also shows that people who we might think have everything - money, great job, family and love are not necessarily those who have everything and their life might not be as beautiful and exciting as it seems.







UNKNOWN
Liam Neeson is an amazing actor and Unknown is a great movie about him being part of some conspiracy, however, he has an accident and forgets many things including who he is. He also has some facts mixed in his head - conspiracy plan and his real life is mixed and he doesn't know which facts he discovers about himself are true and which ones were lies made up to succeed with his plan.





UNITED 93 / FLIGHT 93

This is a sad movie based on facts that happened on 11 September 2001 in USA. It shows what was happening on the plane and before taking off. As passengers were trying to take over the plane from terrorists, it is said that thanks to them this plane didn't crush to White House or Capitol.









LUCIA DE B.

Another interesting movie - Lucia de B., which is about a woman accused of murdering her patients - infants. Everyone seems to be against this women until one of the lawyers, who was acting against her at first, notices there is something wrong with the evidence, which show that she might not be guilty. The lawyer doesn't want an innocent woman to be in jail therefore decides to help her. Unfortunately the case takes years to be solved and in the meanwhile Lucia spends years in prison. 

22 comments:

  1. Definately going to check these out! Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taken, such a good film, haven't watched 2 and 3 tho! So deffo will be checking them out

    Kirsty xx
    (kirstyralph.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of these, I know that everyone highly rates the Taken movies though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with a Liam Neeson film! Need a film to watch tonight so think I might watch the last two Takens as I haven't seen them yet! Love the first one though

    - KVL xo

    www.kayteevivienne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't sat down and watched a movie in ages, but I plan to watch some over the Bank Holiday weekend and will check some of these out - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a Liam Neeson film you've reminded me that I need to see Taken 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Bank holiday is Deffo a time for films!! And I'm hopeless at choosing so I'm going to work myself through your list X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poster for Addicted looks promising, definitely going to check it out

    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen any of these movies,it's not my cup of tea to be honest. But my boyfriend might like them, good post anyways xxx

    Celia from Brand Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check these out! My lazy Bank Holiday Weekend needs some good films :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look good, but like you say Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor is likely to appeal to women. That's the film I want to see next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only watched TAKEN and I love it. This is absolutely my kinda movie genre so I'm defo gonna check out the rest of the movies after exams! Thanks for sharing hun :)

    Melody
    www.melodysim.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've got me wanting to see taken 3 now. I love Liam neeson so think unknown is needed to be watched too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooo Temptation is soooo good! Weird but good with a great twist.
    I love movies I would recommend anything from the 80s my favourite movie decade & more recently Closer, Lolita & How I live now.

    Thanks for revommending the others
    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only one i've watched on that list is Taken 3 so will be definitely coming back to this to pick one of them to watch x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Taken, really need to see the third one as haven't got round to it yet x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list of recommendations. I am going to have to use this link as a reference point for when I next want to watch a movie and don't know what I want to watch. :3

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Taken is one of my favorite movies! it's soooo great.
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your picks! I've seen United 93 and the first two TAKEN movies. I'll have to add TAKEN 3 and the other movies you mentioned to my "to-watch" list!

    Xo, Rach | Seashells + Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  20. United 93 seems to be an interesting watch! I just recently watched Into the Woods and Love, Rosie on my flight back home for summer break :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading this makes me think I should watch more movies, I just don't watch enough Tv.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an excellent post, thank you for sharing. I now have a list of films I want to see. Great idea x

    ReplyDelete