6 SUMMER THINGS EVERY GIRL SHOULD HAVE

/ 15 comments

Hello everyone,

Even though in some places in the world, like London, it doesn't look like but SUMMER IS COMING so I thought I would create this post to share with you a list of products that, in my opinion, are absolute must-haves for this season.

As I said, the weather in London doesn't make us feel like summer is just behind the corner - it rains one day then it is sunny one day, then the next day it is so warm that you don't need to wear any jacket and then comes a heavy rain in the afternoon. Absolutely crazy.

Let me know if where you live, the weather is as crazy as here!

Ok, let's get down to the business. My list... This is just some of the products that are on my list, I also have some fashion pieces that are essential and couple of beauty products but I only mention the ones that are on the top of my list to not make this post crazy long :)

Readers, let me know what your must-haves for the summer are!

SUN PROTECTION


Number 1 on my list and probably the most important thing. Not using sun screen causes skin ageing - it is proven - and dark spots, which don't appear now but will definitely be visible in 5-10 years but then it will be too late. Ageing - it is proven that sun and not using sunscreens causes our skin to start ageing quicker and if you are now wondering if this is true, just think about anyone who regularly uses sunbed or regularly goes to the beach vs the person who doesn't usually expose him/herself to the sun - you will immediately realize that the first person looks older. Second thing.. Have you realized that Asian people usually look wayyyy younger than they are? Yes, I know their diet is different but the cosmetics available in Asian market feature the highest UV factor ever!


SUNGLASSES


Sunglasses not only protect our eyes from UV rays but also stop us from squeezing the eyes. I don't want to sound like anti-age obsessed but squeezing the eyes helps the wrinkles to develop!


HAT


Some people are more sensitive to the sun, some less. If you experience headaches on sunny days or are lucky enough to live in a very hot place, don't forget about protecting the head. I personally, get tired quickly, because of the sun if not covering my head.


TINT KIT FOR LASHES AND BROWS


Tint for lashes and brows - this one is a bit different suggestion than previous ones. This is absolutely optional and not using it will not affect your health.
Summer is the time when we go to swimming pools, spend a lot of time outside - in general, we are more active outside therefore applying lots of make-up would leave us looking like clowns after swimming pool or jogging/walking with friends. We all know that wearing no make-up would be the best solutions but most of us would look ill with nothing on your face. For this season, I recommend using tint on lashes and eyebrows so we can look as we'd be wearing mascara and brow pencil - this does not smudge and does not need every-day application!

NO SUN - NO TAN? NO PROBLEM!


You might find these really useful if you live in a place like London. Imagine that it is middle of July, it rains, there is no sun and day later you want to attend this event and want to wear this beautiful dress you just got.. There is only one problem - your legs very pale - this is when you could find this Sally Hansen or St. Tropez bronzing products. Airbrush Legs wash away in the shower and St. Tropez delivers a tan that lasts couple of days.


MAKE-UP

Unfortunately, I have a very problematic skin so even during the summer I need to use some make-up to cover some spots here and there and to even out the skin tone. For the summer, I use (and recommend) mineral make-up as it can create buildable coverage whilst still being light. div>

15 comments:

  1. Perfect list for the summer! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Summer is by far the best season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah in Ireland the weather is pretty hectic also. :)
    Great summer list.
    I really need to get a Floppy hat and sun glasses. My head is so small though that most sunglasses look ridiculous on me. :(

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forever my necessities haha. I'd wear un umbrella out in the sun like the asians if it weren't so weird hah.

    xoxo

    www.xoxomake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunglasses and a hat are must items when I am pottering in the garden in the Summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!Unfortunately my skin is too dry for mineral makeup, but I'll be looking into the lash and brow tint for sure!
    http://www.aswestumblealong.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/cldunsmore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the weather at this time of year. Today I bought some lovely sandals - fingers crossed I don't need any fake tan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I def agree with your tips! I visited London in fall and it wasn't that bad. How hot does London get?
    http://adornedinarmor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the summer, during the day, sometimes it is almost 30 degrees (sometimes!) but evenings and early mornings are really really cold and between these hot days, it rains :D

      Delete
  9. Summer is coming and this list is perfect, love the sunglasses, and I will have to buy suncream soon, just like the ones you showed us ;) MERCI!

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! All the essentials a girl needs in summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great summer must-have list! Thanks for sharing.
    Good vibes Fox
    -www.wanderlife.tv

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your idea of brow and lashes tint. I had never thought of it but I do want my eyes to not look tired during holidays. Thanks for the idea! Also, I tend to use compact powder as coverage instead of liquid foundation during holidays because it is lighter x

    www.basicish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, such a great post! Keep up the great work, just found your blog and I am impressed! ♥

    Giveaway on my blog! $25 GIFT CARD to The Mint Joulep Boutique! ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great summer must-have list! Thanks for sharing this. Love the products!
    Good vibes Fox
    -www.wanderlife.tv

    ReplyDelete