HEALTHY SNACK FOR WHEN YOU ARE BROKE - BUTTERNUT SQUASH

/ 11 comments

Hi guys,

Are you ready for the weekend?

Today, I want to share with you the second recipe that is fast and very cheap to prepare. There is already one from this category on my blog and you can see this here (click). 


To be honest, I never thought there was a healthy alternative to fries. What is more, it is so easy to prepare. As I have already mentioned on this blog, I try to eat healthy whenever I can but I also like to get some fries during my favorite TV Show or when watching a movie. This snack is a great alternative and great option to go for when you are about to start cooking/ordering something unhealthy but you would really prefer to eat something healthier.

Readers, let me know what your healthy alternatives are and if you ever tried butternut squash fries.


HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO FRIES THAT IS CHEAP AND FAST TO PREPARE

Preparation Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 27-32 minutes
Healthy and cheap alternative to fries. 

ingredients:

1 butternut squash
1/5 cup of olive oil
spices of your choice

directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the butternut squash in two and remove the seeds that are hiding inside.
3. Get rid of the peel.
4. Cut the butternut squash to fries-like shape or any shape you really want.
5. Place olive oil, spices of your choice and butternut squash into the plastic container, close it and shake it so the spices distribute evenly.
6. Cook until a bit brown on the top and bottom.
7. Bake for 20 - 25 mins or until the fries become crisp and golden.

8. Enjoy. 

11 comments:

  1. These look really tasty and so easy and cheap to make- thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh I like this recipe. I love butternut squash, it's nice to have a new way to cook it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of this before, must try it! Its lovely to come across vegan recipes also x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Butternut Squash but I've been hearing so much about it lately. Sounds like a great alternative healthy snack - Might have to try it! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butternut squash chips! Try them with some smoked paprika too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think butternut squash is undervalued, it's a great, versatile food and a healthy option!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg this looks ridiculously yummy, I might have to to try this when I come home (Bookmarked) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried butter nut squash before its looks nice though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried butter nut squash before but this looks
    Like a perfect affordable healthy snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea!
    Does it taste good. :)

    Also I just found your blog and I love it.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love butternut squash chips, such a different taste to potato chips.

    ReplyDelete